Monday, December 31, 2007

Pomegranatini



















Yes, we're all well now, thanks for asking. And even though much of December felt like a wash, sometimes a beautiful cocktail is just what the doctor ordered to get back into the spirit of things. With that in mind, I share the following treasured holiday libation.

Pomegranatini

Rim your martini glass with a mixture of sugar and finely microplaned orange zest.

Fill a cocktail shaker half-way with ice and mix together the following:
1 part vodka
1/2 part triple sec
2 parts pomegranate juice

Shake well, strain into your prepared glass and garnish with a few fresh pomegranate seeds.

Like a vamped-up lipstick on pale, wintery skin, this bold ruby cocktail packs some va va voom for the holidays. And speaking of holidays, I hope you all had a nice one and may your new year be filled with great things.

Mostly I'm praying for peace.

Cheers!


5 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Peace to you, Go Mama!

Jerri said...

Hey, T.

A pomegranatini sounds like the perfect drink for ringing in a New Year filled with light and love.

Here's to you. A true original. A true friend. A woman of true substance.

riversgrace said...

Clink, clink. Too stuffed up to taste it, but give me a few days and I'm on that one!

Happy New Year...and many thanks for being at my back.

Jess said...

Yummm. I'm going to file that one away for my next cocktail party. Thanks!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.