Thursday, September 03, 2009

The Figgytini













The Figgytini

In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the following:
1 overripe fresh Black Mission Fig, cut in half, scoop inner flesh with a teaspoon (discard skin)
juice of 1/2 a Meyer lemon (lime will also work)
1/2 tsp of raw cane sugar (adjust depending on ripeness)

Half-fill shaker with ice. Add:
1 1/2 oz Makers Mark bourbon* (I find this compliments the figs tremendously more than vodka does)

Shake, shake some more, strain, and serve in a chilled martini glass. (You really need to break down the ice to make this one work.) Garnish with a wedge of fresh fig and a lemon twist, or a sprig of mint.

Cheers!

That's it for now, but I'll be back tomorrow with more to share....

1 comment:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

I would never in a million years bother with all that, but if I lived next door, I'd promise to let YOU bother with all that!