Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Tripper Family

Sienna: "We're the Tripper family."
Me: "Why are we the Tripper family, honey?"
Sienna: "Because we go on a lot of trips."


This morning we're leaving again on another adventure--a weekend of camping up at Lake Casitas, tucked between Santa Barbara and Ojai. Besides lakefront campsites (conveniently stocked with grills, toilets and running water), there is a giant water park nearby with sprayers and waterslides and a "lazy river" to tube down that undulates with man-made waves. Great for those hot summer days. Splashin' during the day, grillin' and sippin' during the night. Fun for the whole family.

For me it's the fourth trip I've been on in a little over a month. Two with the family and two without. There were the jungles of Tulum and Playa del Carmen, the personal writer's retreat up the coast, the amazing and life-altering Writer's Life #2 in Portland, (Bless you Jennifer Lauck!), and now this camping trip. What a journey!

I suppose her assessment is accurate then, we ARE the Tripper family. At least this month!

I know I've deluged the blog with long entries in the last few days, but it's just because I really wanted to get current. Now I shall take a break. Enjoy the weekend. Happy trails.

Cheers,
Tanya

2 comments:

jennifer said...

I want to go!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

I want to go, too, and hey, not enough has been made about the "life-altering" Writer's Workshop. A WHOLE blog, please! And make sure to mention ME!