Thursday, May 10, 2007

Good to know…

…that I still have legs even though it's only the 2nd time I've been out running since Spring Break began April, wait, no March 31st!

…that my size 12 ass still inspires construction workers enough to drop their tools and walk around the corner just to get a better look!

…that despite the lack of sleep, I still managed to pull off a Birthday cake: 4 layers of buttery yellow sponge cake wrapped in billows of fresh vanilla chantilly cream, with an oozing center of speckly vanilla-bean custard, (or vanilla-vanilla-vanilla as she insisted!) Despite the garish exterior, it turned out as luscious as a wedding cake. And yes dear, animals. Plenty of animals.


(Maybe that's why my ass is still a size 12!)

...that a girl's best friend is bubbles, not baubles. Plenty of bubbles.


Cheers!

3 comments:

Jerri said...

Great pictures.

I DO love me some bubbles.

Back when my daughter was in soccer, we had to wait our turn on a highway entrance ramp at about 5:30 every weekday. We car pooled, so my Explorer was always full of 12-year-old girls, who are not known for their patience.

I started carrying bottles of bubbles. While we waited, we opened the sun room and blew bubbles through it. People in the cars around us were confused and delighted by the billows of bubbles and the girls had fun every single day.

Your description of the cake assures me it was as delicious as it is adorable.

riversgrace said...

Oh, phew, I have a size 12 ass, too! Laughing, laughing, laughing. Uh huh, baby, hips to boot!

But I cannot make a luscious cake like that to save my life! You must teach. Must pass along that seed of nectar!

Go mama, run.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

She looks so happy and free! What an accomplishment to give her that!